About the job
Seniority: Mid-Senior Level
Employment Type: Full-time
Join a Global Group with iconic and vibrant brands portfolios, and reach our daily goals and missions to protect and enforce our Key Brands and Intellectual Property with a strong business orientation.
Bring with you your skills, experience, enthusiasm to perform and your energy!
Mainly you will be involved in the business on a daily basis and act as a business partner, and you will enthusiastically be in charge of:
- Identifying, coordination of and follow-up regarding anti-counterfeit measures against infringers and related parties;
- Providing support to brand integrity & participation to IP litigation i.e. oppositions, cancellations, enforcement;
- Arranging successfully for seizures under time pressure;
- Advising on, handling and follow-up of anti-counterfeit actions, infringement actions, unfair competition actions, other IP litigations (civil, criminal) worldwide in coordination with external lawyers;
- Registering IP rights with Customs; their annual review and renewals;
- Preparation and updates of Authentication Guides; trainings of Foreign Customs and other relevant authorities;
- Preparing or Contributing to IP reports and strategic documentation in relation to brand enforcement activities;
- Updating the IP Database in relation to the above activities;
- Conducting domain name surveillance and UDRP actions, where appropriate in conjunction with network of agents;
- Preparing POAS and other relevant IP documents; Notarization, Apostille and other Legalisation (Chancellery, Consulates, etc.) of powers of attorney and other IP documents;
- Advising and providing ad hoc analysis, IP opinions and assistance to internal business groups relating to brand enforcement, setting budgets, and taking relevant actions;
- Participating to the definition of global and specific enforcement strategies;
- Contributing to the drafting of agreements & settlements;
- Invoices – review, approval, dispute – through central software system and reporting;
- Fulfilment of any other ad hoc tasks for the Global Head and other legal departments of the Group;
- Hands-on approach; team player; flexible; high attention to details; ability to work fast and efficiently in a demanding working environment. Very good communication skills & business oriented.
- Legal education with specialization in IP with significant experience ≥ 6 years in a multinational Intellectual Property Department in a similar position; Collaborative working is key and passion for IP;
- High command of and mastering Excel; Word, MS Office;
- Fluent in English & French required; Russian language, a plus.
You will be instrumental to the Company by acting as Brand enforcement-IP Counsel and by ensuring that our IP position is optimised across the full range and scope of our business activities.Your role will be varied, challenging and multi-faceted.
Disclaimer: Stoli Group is an equal opportunity employer that values workforce diversity. By embedding diversity into all aspects of our culture, we maximize the opportunity to achieve sustainable business success. The duties and responsibilities described in the role profile might not be a comprehensive list.
Intellectual Property Counsel
Country: Nyon, Switzerland
We are currently recruiting to join our Global Intellectual Property & Anti-Counterfeiting Department at the earliest.Find out more